UNITED FRONT OF EX SERVICEMEN
NON IMPLEMENTATION OF OROP
UPGRADATION OF AGITATION
- Today is the 40th Day of the Relay Hunger Strike at Jantar Mantar New Delhi and at more than 50 locations in country. The Govt has not implemented One Rank One Pension (OROP).
- As per the decision of United Front of ESM announced during the Press Conference held on 14th July 2015, we have upgraded our Agitation with effect from mid night 23 Jul 2015. The broad Aim of this Phase of the Agitation is to “Create Visibility” in all the Districts in the County. ESM, our members of the family and our supporters will be distinctly seen across the country protesting against the non-implantation of One Rank One Pension. However, all our protests will be peaceful and within the authorized methods of protests in the Constitution.
3. Some of the actions and activities which will be carried out are as under :-
· 10 Km Kargil Vijay Diwas Marathon run from DSOI – India gate – Jantar Mantar. Respects will be paid to the Martyrs at India Gate by laying wreath at Amar Jawan Jyoti. Detailed instructions are being issued separately.
· Shri Anna Hazare will motivate, encourage and showcase solidarity with the ESM on Relay Hunger Strike which would enter 42nd Day at 10.30AM on 26 Jul 2015. He will also address the Rally at Jantar Mantar.
· Marathon and Rallies be carried out across the country on daily basis carrying black flags and play cards showing non-implementation of OROP.
· Protest Leaflets will be distributed, billboards will be displayed across the country.
· Social, print and electronic media will be fully activated by carrying out Blitz Krieg Campaigns against the non-implementation of OROP.
· All Govt functions will continue to be boycotted by ESM and our members of the family.
· In order to express anguish for non-fulfillment of assurance of implementation of OROP, an appeal has been made to all ESM, their member of the family and our supporters who are members of the BJP to withdraw their membership till implementation of OROP. 60 ESM from Uttrakhand have already sent their resignation of membership to BJP President Mr.Amit Shah.
· ESM to write to the serving Chiefs to jointly and strongly ask the Govt to implement OROP immediately. The letter will be repeated after five days. In the event of no action by the serving Chiefs, ESM to appeal to them in the third letter that they consider resigning to accept their accountability and responsibility from the non-implementation of OROP.
· All ESM, our family members and supporters to fly black flags on their houses on 6 feet high pole with OROP written on the flag.
· ESM to ask MPs of their constituencies to raise questions in the Parliament for non-implementation of OROP and asking the Govt to implement it immediately. In case an MP does not raise question, ESM to sit on dharana outside his house.
· Veer Naaries of Jhajjar district have conveyed that they will be sending bangles to the PM.
· Some ESM are threatening to sit on Hunger Strike till death. We are dissuading them not to do so. However some of them have refused to pay heed to our requests. They may sit on Hunger Strike till death any day.
· To execute any other action/activity as decided by the UFESM from time to time.
· ESM leaders at local level may modify or execute action/activities keeping in view the local situation.
· The Relay hunger Strike will continue in addition to the above suggested action/activities.
- It is heartening, encouraging and motivating that Officers in NDA/Regular/SS Course batches are visiting Jantar Mantar to showcase their solidarity to the Cause of Injustice to the Soldiers. The highlight of these visits was that 1st NDA Course officers in their eighties came and blessed the Relay Hunger Strike for the cause.
- ESM, our family members and our supporters are requested to daily visit Jantar Mantar in large number to encourage and support the cause.
- All ESM are requested to execute this phase of the Agitation in letter and spirit and create Visibility in the nook and corner of the country, turning the Lehar-Toofan Phase of the Agitation into Tsunami.
- We the ESM, our members of the family and our supporters resolved to continue our struggle with greater intensity till such time the Govt implements OROP as per the approved definition without any dilution.
- Memorandum to the Hon’ble Prime Minister will be presented at 1 PM on 26 Jul 2015 by delegation of United Front of Ex-servicemen.
- Our fight is against the injustice and betrayal of faith and not against the Govt. We appeal to our Hon’ble PM Shri Narendra Modi to honour his assurances given to the Defence Personnel and order immediate implementation of OROP as per the approved definition without any dilution whatsoever.
Gen Satbir Singh