Tuesday, 23 May 2017
Saturday, 20 May 2017
ELIGIBILITY FOR DISABILITY PENSION FOR THOSE WHO ARE DISCHARGED WITH OUT DISABILITY PENSION HAVING DISABILITY ABOVE 20 % ATTRIBUTABLE TO MILITARY SERVICE
Posted by M B Chandran Menon. M.com.,AIII,DME at 00:10:00
Saturday, 13 May 2017
Friday, 12 May 2017
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated, the 12th May, 2017
Sub:- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission - Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners, etc.
The undersigned is directed to say that the 7th Central Pay Commission (7th CPC). in its Report, recommended two formulations for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners. A Resolution No. 38/37/2016-P&PW (A) dated 04.08.2016 was issued by this Department indicating the decisions taken by the Government on the various recommendations of the 7th CPC on pensionary matters.
2. Based on the decisions taken by the Government on the recommendations of the 7th CPC, orders for revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners in accordance with second Formulation were issued vide this Department’s OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW (A) (ii) dated 04.08.2016. It was provided in this OM. that the revised pension/famiiy pension wet. 112016 of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners shall be determined by multiplying the pension/family pension as had been fixed at the time of implementation of the recommendations of the 6th CPC, by 2.57.
3. In accordance with the decision mentioned in this Department’s Resolution No. 38/37/2016-P&PW (A) dated 04.08.2016 and OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) (ii) dated 04.08.2016, the feasibility of the first option recommended by 7th CPC has been examined by a Committee headed by Secretary, Department of Pension Pensioners’ Welfare.
4. The aforesaid Committee has submitted its Report and the recommendations made by the Committee have been considered by the Government. Accordingly, it has been decided that the revised pension/family pension w.e.f 01.01.2016 in respect of all Central civil pensioners/family pensioners, including CAPF’s, who retired/died prior to 01.01.2016, may be revised by notionally fixing their pay in the pay matrix recommended by the 7th CPC in the level corresponding to the pay in the pay scale/pay band and grade pay at which they retired/died. This will be done by notional pay fixation under each intervening Pay Commission based on the Formula for revision of pay. White fixing pay on notional basis, the pay fixation formulae approved by the Government and other relevant instructions on the subject in force at the relevant time shall be strictly followed. 50% of the notional pay as on 01.01.2016 shall be the revised pension and 30% of this notional pay shall be the revised family pension wet. 1.1.2016 as per the first Permutation. In the case of family pensioners who were entitled to family pension at enhanced rate, the revised family pension shall be 50% of the notional pay as on 01.01.2016 and shall be payable till the period up to which family pension at enhanced rate is admissible as per rules. The amount of revised pension/family pension so arrived at shall be
rounded off to next higher rupee.
5. It has also been decided that higher of the two Formulations is the pension/family pension already revised in accordance with this Department’s OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) (ii) dated 04.08.2016 or the revised pension/family pension as worked out in accordance with para 4 above, shall be granted to pre-2016 central
civil pensioners as revised pension/family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016. In cases where pension/family pension being paid w.e.f. 1.1.2016 in accordance with this Department’s OM No. 38/37/2016~P&PW(A) (ii) dated 04.08.2016 happens to be more than pension/family pension as worked out in accordance with para 4 above, the pension/family pension already being paid shall be treated as revised pension/family pension w.e.f. 1.1.2016.
6. Instructions were issued vide this Department’s OM No. 45/86/97-P&PW(A) (iii) dated 10.02.1998 for revision of pension! family pension in respect of Government servants who retired or died before 01.01.1986, by notional fixation of their pay in the scale of pay introduced with effect from 01.01.1986. The notional pay so worked out as on 01.01.1986 was treated as average emoluments/last pay for the purpose of calculation of notional pension/family pension as on 01.01.1986. The notional pension/family pension so arrived at was further revised with effect from 01.01.1996 and was paid in accordance with the instructions issued for revision of pension/family pension of pre-1996 pensioners/family pensioners in implementation of the recommendations of the 5th Central Pay Commission.
7. Accordingly, for the purpose of calculation of notional pay w.e.f. 1.1.2016 of those Government servants who retired or died before 01.01.1986, the pay scale and the notional pay as on 1.1.1986, as arrived at in terms of the instructions issued vide this Department’s OM 45/86/97~P&PW(A) dated 10.02.1998, will be treated as the pay scale and the pay of the concerned Government servant as on 1.1.1986. in the case of those Government servants who retired or died on or after 01.01.1986 but before 112016 the actual pay and the pay scale from which they retired or died would be taken into consideration for the purpose of calculation of the notional pay as on 1.1.2016 in accordance with para 4 above.
8. The minimum pension with effect from 01.01.2016 will be Rs. 9000/- per month (excluding the element of additional pension to old pensioners). The upper ceiling on pension/family pension will be 50% and 30°16 respectively of the highest pay in the Government (The highest pay in the Government is Rs. 250,000 with
effect from 01.01.2016).
9. The pension/family pension as worked out in accordance with provisions of Para 4 and 5 above shall be treated as 'Basic Pension' with effect from 01.01.2016. The revised pension/family pension includes dearness relief sanctioned from 1.1.2016 and shall qualify for grant of Dearness Relief sanctioned thereafter.
10. The existing instructions regarding regulation of dearness relief to employed/re-employed pensioners/family pensioners, as contained in Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare OM. No. 45/73/97-P&PW(G) dated 02.07.1999, as amended from time to time, shall continue to apply.
11. These orders would not be applicable for the purpose of revision of pension of those pensioners who were drawing compulsory retirement pension under Rule 40 of the CCS (Pension) Rules or compassionate allowance under Rule 41 of the CCS (Pension) Rules. The pensioners in these categories would continue to be entitled to revised pension in accordance with the instructions contained in this Department’s OM. No. 38/37/2016~P&PW(A)(ii) dated 4.8.2016.
12. The pension of the pensioners who are drawing monthly pension from the Government on permanent absorption in public sector undertakings/autonomous bodies will also be revised in accordance with these orders. However, separate orders will be issued for revision of pension of those pensioners who had earlier
drawn one time lump sum terminal benefits on absorption in public sector undertakings, etc. and are drawing one-third restored pension as per the instructions issued by this Department from time to time.
13. in cases where, on permanent absorption in public sector undertakings/autonomous bodies, the terms of absorption and/or the rules permit grant of family pension under the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 or the corresponding rules applicable to Railway employees/members of All India Services, the family pension being drawn by family pensioners will be updated in accordance with these orders.
14. Since the consolidated pension will be inclusive of commuted portion of pension, if any, the commuted portion will be deducted from the said amount while making monthly disbursements.
15. The quantum of age-related pension/family pension available to the old pensioners/ family pensioners shall continue to be as follows-
|Age of pensioner/family pensioner||Quantum of pension|
|From 80 years to less than 85 years||20% of revised basic pension/ family pension|
|From 85 years to less than 90 years||30% of revised basic pension/ family pension|
|From 90 years to less than 95 years||40% of revised basic pension/ family pension|
|From 95 years to less than 100 years||50% of revised basic pension/ family pension|
|100 years or more||100% of revised basic pension/ family pension|
The amount of additional pension will be shown distinctly in the pension payment order. For example, in case where a pensioner is more than 80 years of age and his/her revised pension is Rs.10,000 pm, the pension will be shown as (i) Basic pension = Rs.10,000 and (ii) Additional pension = Rs.2,000 pm. The pension on his/her attaining the age of 85 years will be shown as (i).Basic Pension = Rs.10,000 and (ii) additional pension = Rs.3,000 pm. Dearness relief will be admissible on the additional pension available to the old pensioners also.
16. A few examples of calculation of pension/family pension in the manner prescribed above are given in Annexure-I to this OM.
17. No arrears on account of revision of Pension/Family pension on notional fixation of pay will be admissible for the period prior to 1.1.2016. The arrears on account of revision of pension/family pension in terms of these orders would be admissible with effect from 01.01.2016. For calculation of arrears becoming due on the revision of pension/ family pension on the basis of this O.M., the arrears of pension and the revised pension/family pension already paid on revision of pension/family pension in accordance with the instructions contained in this Department’s OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) (ii) dated 04.08.2016 shall be adjusted.
18. it shall be the responsibility of the Head of Department and Pay and Accounts Office attached to that office from which the Government servant had retired or was working last before his death to revise the pension! family pension of Pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners with effect from 01.01.2016 in accordance with these orders and to issue a revised pension payment authority. The Pension Sanctioning Authority would impress upon the concerned Head of Office for fixation of pay on notional basis at the earliest and issue revised authority at the earliest. The revised authority will be issued under the existing PPO number and would travel to the Pension Disbursing Authority through the same channel through which the original PPO had travelled.
19. These orders shall apply to all pensioners/family pensioners who were drawing pension/family pension before 1.1.2016 under the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972, and the corresponding rules applicable to Railway pensioners and pensioners of All India Services, including officers of the Indian Civil
Service retired from service on or after 111973. A pensioner/family pensioner who became entitled to pension/family pension with effect from 01.01.2016 consequent on retirement/death of Government servant on 31.12.2015, would also be covered by these orders. Separate orders will be issued by the Ministry of Defence in regard to Armed Forces pensioners/family pensioners.
20 These orders do not apply to retired High Court and Supreme Court Judges and other Constitutional/Statutory Authorities whose pension etc. is governed by separate rules/orders.
21 These orders issue with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) vide their ID. No. 30~1l33(c)/2016-IC dated 11.05.2017 and ID. No.30-1133(c)/2016-IC dated 12.05.2017.
22. In their application to the persons belonging to the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
23. Ministry of Agriculture etc. are requested to bring the contents of these orders to the notice of Heads of Department/Controller of Accounts. Pay and Accounts Officers, and Attached and Subordinate Offices under them on top priority basis. All Ministries/Departments are requested to accord top priority to the work of revision of pension of ore-2016 pensioners/family pensioners and issue the revised Pension Payment Authority in respect of all ore-2016 pensioners,
24. Hindi version will follow.
|Click for larger image|
Posted by M B Chandran Menon. M.com.,AIII,DME at 20:49:00
Thursday, 11 May 2017
Government of India
Controller General of Accounts
Ministry sf Finance
Department of Expenditure
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
GPO Complex, E-Block, INA
New Delhi – 110023
Controller General of Accounts
Ministry sf Finance
Department of Expenditure
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
GPO Complex, E-Block, INA
New Delhi – 110023
Dated. the 5th May, 2017
Subject: Reservation for Ex-servicemen in direct recruitment Group ‘C’ posts – Regarding
Reference is invited to the reservation, concessions and relaxations applicable for ex-Servicemen in Central Government Services (Group ‘C’ posts). The Government of India has been issuing instructions from time to time for filling up of vacancies under prescribed quota reserved for ex-servicemen category. In this regard the DoPT has issued compendium of instruction on reservations for Ex-servicemen – consolidation of instructions vide OM. No.3603/4/3/2013-Estt.(Res.) dated 25th February, 2014.
All Pr.CCA.s/CCAs/CAs (with independent charge) are therefore requested to ensure that the provisions/ rules for Ex-servicemen notified under Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Central Services and Posts) Rules. 1979. as amended from time to time are being properly followed up/implemented while forwarding of vacancies or direct recruitment posts to this office for consolidation. The non-implementation of reservations prescribed for ex-servicemen shall be treated as violation of Govt. of India’s instructions on the subject.
This. issues with approval of the Jt. Controller General of Accounts (Gr. ‘B’)
Asstt. Controller General of Accounts (Gr. ‘B’)
Asstt. Controller General of Accounts (Gr. ‘B’)
Posted by M B Chandran Menon. M.com.,AIII,DME at 22:27:00
Wednesday, 10 May 2017
Medical facilities available to ESM & their families through ECHS will be improved. It is planned to bring it at par with CGHS by extending the facilities of private hospitals available to CGHS beneficieries to the ECHS beneficieries.
According to the sources in the MOD, principle decision on this issue has already has been taken. After the implementation of 7 CPC, decision on the med.facilities too will be taken in the near future. Even though ECHS beneficieries are entitled for med.facilities at private hospitals under certain circumstances, yet ESM face difficulties in getting admission in private hospitals.
Therefore, a CGHS model will be applied in such cases. CGHS provides admission facilities according to one's designation. Besides, the grade of payment for ECHS is also very less. According to the sources in the MOD, CGHS pattern will be applied to ECHS also. The proposal will be sanctioned very soon.
News item from Hindi Daily 'HINDUSTAN'(Delhi Ed.) Dt 9.5.201
Posted by M B Chandran Menon. M.com.,AIII,DME at 00:47:00
Wednesday, 3 May 2017
The Ministry of Defence has issued the orders for the new pay regime on implementation of the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission for all ranks.
The orders shall now be known as Rules rather than Instructions. For example, the modalities for Ranks other than Commissioned Officers of the Army shall be known as the “Army Pay Rules” rather than “Special Army Instructions”.
The orders for Commissioned Officers of the Army can be accessed and downloaded by clicking here.
The orders for Commissioned Officers of the Navy can be accessed and downloaded by clicking here.
The orders for Commissioned Officers of the Air Force can be accessed and downloaded by clicking here.
Posted by M B Chandran Menon. M.com.,AIII,DME at 10:00:00
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved important proposals relating to modifications in the 7th CPC (Central Pay Commission) recommendations on pay and pensionary benefits in the course of their implementation. Earlier, in June, 2016, the Cabinet had approved implementation of the recommendations with an additional financial outgo of Rs 84,933 crore for 2016-17 (including arrears for 2 months of 2015-16).
The benefit of the proposed modifications will be available with effect from 1st January, 2016, i.e., the date of implementation of 7th CPC recommendations. With the increase approved by the Cabinet, the annual pension bill alone of the Central Government is likely to be Rs.1,76,071 crore. Some of the important decisions of the Cabinet are mentioned below:
1. Revision of pension of pre – 2016 pensioners and family pensioners
The Cabinet approved modifications in the recommendations of the 7th CPC relating to the method of revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners and family pensioners based on suggestions made by the Committee chaired by Secretary (Pensions) constituted with the approval of the Cabinet. The modified formulation of pension revision approved by the Cabinet will entail an additional benefit to the pensioners and an additional expenditure of approximately Rs.5031 crore for 2016-17 over and above the expenditure already incurred in revision of pension as per the second formulation based on fitment factor. It will benefit over 55 lakh pre-2016 civil and defence pensioners and family pensioners.
While approving the implementation of the 7th CPC recommendations on 29th June, 2016, the Cabinet had approved the changed method of pension revision recommended by the 7th CPC for pre-2016 pensioners, comprising of two alternative formulations, subject to the feasibility of the first formulation which was to be examined by the Committee.
In terms of the Cabinet decision, pensions of pre-2016 pensioners were revised as per the second formulation multiplying existing pension by a fitment factor of 2.57, though the pensioners were to be given the option of choosing the more beneficial of the two formulations as per the 7th CPC recommendations.
In order to provide the more beneficial option to the pensioners, Cabinet has accepted the recommendations of the Committee, which has suggested revision of pension based on information contained in the Pension Payment Order (PPO) issued to every pensioner. The revised procedure of fixation of notional pay is more scientific, rational and implementable in all the cases. The Committee reached its findings based on an analysis of hundreds of live pension cases. The modified formulation will be beneficial to more pensioners than the first formulation recommended by the 7th CPC, which was not found to be feasible to implement on account of non-availability of records in a large number of cases and was also found to be prone to several anomalies.
2. Disability Pension for Defence Pensioners
The Cabinet also approved the retention of percentage-based regime of disability pension implemented post 6th CPC, which the 7th CPC had recommended to be replaced by a slab-based system.
The issue of disability pension was referred to the National Anomaly Committee by the Ministry of Defence on account of the representation received from the Defence Forces to retain the slab-based system, as it would have resulted in reduction in the amount of disability pension for existing pensioners and a reduction in the amount of disability pension for future retirees when compared to percentage-based disability pension.
The decision which will benefit existing and future Defence pensioners would entail an additional expenditure of approximately Rs. 130 crore per annum.
Posted by M B Chandran Menon. M.com.,AIII,DME at 08:51:00
Ignoring the NC(E)s while issuing Circular No. 568 dated 13.10.2016 for payment of delinking of 33 years of service
Shri Liyakat Ali
5/1, 2nd Cross, 2nd Floor,
RHA Bazar Stree, Gowthampuram,
Halasura, Bangalore , Karnataka - 560008
Ref: Your Grievance registration No. CGATP/P/2017/00697 dated 03.04.2017.
Please refer to your grievance cited under reference received under – MoD ID No. 10(37)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 27.03.2017 along with National Federation of Ex-Servicemen email dated 22.02.2017.
It is stated that the pension rate in respect of NC (E)s have not been published in Govt. letter GoI, MoD letter No. 1(2)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 30.09.2016, circulated vide this office Circular No. 568 dated 13.10.2016. However, feasibility of the same is under consideration and same will be circulated as and when Govt. letter received in this regards.
Shri Manoj Sinha
Under Secretary (Pension/Policy)
Ministry of Defence, Dept of ESW
227, B-Wing, New Delhi
For information w.r.t. MoD ID No. 10(37)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 27.03.2017
Ulan Batar, Palam
Delhi Cantt., New Delhi
For information w.r.t. Grievance registration No. CGATP/P/2017/00697 dated 03.04.2017
Shri MBC Menon
National Federation of Ex-servicemen
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
For information please.
Posted by M B Chandran Menon. M.com.,AIII,DME at 06:45:00