Thursday, 11 December 2014
A special meeting was called by RM on 10 Dec 14 to which reps of 3 recognized Ex-servicemen Associations, including DIWAVE, were invited. The officials who attended the meeting included DG(PS), DGR, MD (ECHS), Secretary KSB, AFA, Joint CGDA and JS (ESW), in addition to RRM and Secy (ESW).
2.Stating that the primary focus of meeting was OROP, RM sought the views of the Associations on the issue . We responded that the organization that is spearheading the issue is IESM who had already briefed him yesterday and that we had nothing more to add.
3. After listening to Lt Gen Balbir Singh, President IESL’s arguments, RM stated that the implementation of OROP was not in doubt as it was a solemn commitment of the Govt and BJP. The only question was of modalities for future increases i.e. dynamic adjustments or in slabs. A view was expressed that while granting increments until end 2015, the 7th CPC could be asked to give formula for future adjustments. On the question of expenditure figures, it was pointed out that whatever be the amount, it would not appear significant when compared with Rs.12500 crores as the cost of each DA installment which is twice a year. Also, a commitment is commitment, whatever be the cost.
4. After hearing pros and cons, RM indicated that he was in a better picture and that while he would not like to bind himself with a time frame, he is keen to take final decision as soon as possible.
5. Before the meeting ended, we did bring to RM’s attention 2 priority issues – a. Attitude and functioning of DESW and b. The dire need to reduce litigation by effecting 4-5 changes in current pension policies. It was decided that a small group comprising DIWAVE reps and DESW officials would discuss the issues and put up recommendations to RRM & RM. RM indicated that he would have no hesitation in withdrawing legal cases if so warranted. Also, by end Jan15 he would call another meeting on such issues.
3. With reference to some reports about Shri Harbans Singh, former Dir /JS Pensions likely to be brought back, we made it clear that such a step would be retrogressive, because of his anti-veteran approach and the fact the he alone was responsible for proliferating mindless litigation against the disabled and war widows. The point was taken note of.
Posted by M B Chandran Menon. M.com.,AIII,DME at 22:00
CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR 6 thCPC CIRCULARS & ORDERS
ENHANCED PENSION FOR EX-SERVICEMEN REFER IMPLIMENTATION CIRCULARS CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK
- @ dual family pension gazette notification
- @clarification of family pension
- @CLICK THIS LINK TO REFER THE CHART SHOWING ENHANCEMENT OF FAMILY PENSION OF JCOs/ORs RETIRED PRIOR TO 01-01-2006 CIRCULAR 502
- @CLICK THIS LINK TO REFER THE AUTHORITY LETTER FOR DUAL FAMILY PENSION CIRCULAR 504
- @CLICK THIS LINK TO REFER THE CHART SHOWING IMPROVEMENT OF MONTHLY PENSION OF EX-SERVICEMEN & FULL DETAILS CIRCULAR 501