FLASH

WATCH THIS BLOG REGULARLY FOR LATEST NEWS ON ONE RANK ONE PENSION & OTHER SERVICE BENEFITS RELATING TO EX-SERVICE PENSIONERS,CENTRAL GOVT PENSIONERS,LIC/GIC PENSIONERS* A UNIQUE BLOG WITH MORE THAN 1 CRORE VIEWERS & 700 FOLLOWERS #

FLASH

FlashFLASH**** UNION CABINET APPROVED OROP REVISION FROM 01/07/2019 & ARREARES WILL BE PAID IN FOUR INSTALLMENTS**** New ***** *UNION CABINET APPROVED OROP REVISION FROM 01/07/2019 & ARREARES WILL BE PAID IN FOUR INSTALLMENTS
  • New











    .
  • Monday 16 September 2019

    A TRANSITION FROM THE DREAM LAND TO REALITY

    THE WAY AHEAD
    There is great brainstorming in VOP chatbox since past few days about snatching away weightage and pro-rata max. of the scale from us. I wonder whether those were FACILITIES or DEPRIVATION of 50% LPD. I will give my example how I (15yr X-gp Sgt) was deprived by the  so-called facilities. Weightage was of course a facility but pro-rata of max. eaten away much more than the gain.
    IV CPC (1986) fixed my pension Rs.564/- as per weightage and pro-rata maximum of scale. But if I could get 50% of my LPD, I would be much much more benefitted. The pay scale for Sgt of my group was: 1460-25-1710. Even with nil increment I could be entitled for  Rs.730/- (30% more) by LPD system.
    V CPC (1996) fixed my pension Rs.1478/- as per weightage and pro-rata maximum of scale. But if I could get 50% of my LPD, I would be much more benefitted. The pay scale for Sgt of my group was:  4670-85-5945. Even with nil increment the pension entitled could be Rs.2335/- (58% more) by LPD system.
    Pensioners retired after Sixth CPC (2006) started getting 50% of LPD. The weightage and pro-rata of max was withdrawn but, MSP, Grade pay and X-pay (where applicable) were added to Basic Pay for Pension calculation. Can anybody show that by LPD system of VI CPC, someone's pension got reduced compared to older system?
    The problem started after OROP, since OROP was not conceded to post -OROP pensioners. So after 01.07.2014, many pensioners started getting lesser than past pensioners. JCO & Hony ranks are worstly affected. Hopefully, during 2nd OROP revision, those who are getting less will be enhanced to OROP-1 X 2.57 level.
    When weightage and Pro-rata was removed, nobody raised any objection. I am not aware of any objection raised from any quarter. Rather, Post VI CPC pensioners were happy because there was substantial increase in pension. Now after 13 years if the demand of weightage is raised, I doubt anybody will listen. It has been well explained in VI CPC report that weightage was given to offset the reduction of pension by Pro-rata as ESMs are retiring in early age. So as Pro-rata was removed, weightage is also removed.
    As I said earlier, in OROP-2 revision, lower ranks will have some gain. From OROP-3 (if at all it is there), nobody will have any gain. We have reached almost at the end of OROP-path. We have to think of plausible demands in future, which are logical and can hold the ground of justice. Equal MSP and Enhancement of pension after 20 years of retirement are two such issues, on which we should concentrate our future demands.
    An Article By Biswasda

    3 comments:

    1. Good narration sir.
      We appreciate your sincere efforts sir.

      Sgt.S.Kanthiah,veteran Exwel Trust.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Why users still use to read news papers when in this
      technological world everything is available on web?

      ReplyDelete
    3. Inspiring story there. What happened after? Good luck!

      ReplyDelete