Pension RegulationsThis Division administers (i) Pension Regulations for the Army(PRA), 1961, revised as PRA, 2008 (ii) Pension Regulations for the Air Force, 1961, and (iii) Navy (Pension) Regulation, 1964. It also deals with Entitlement Rules for Casualty Pensionary Awards, 2008.
Kinds of PensionPension Division deals with policy matters relating to pensionary matters of Defence Forces Personnel which includes:-
- Service Pension is granted @ 50% of emoluments last drawn or average of reckonable emoluments during the last 10 months, whichever is more beneficial subject to minimum of Rs. 9000 /p.m. The minimum qualifying service to earn pension is 20 years in case of Commissioned Officer and 15 years in the case Personnel Below Officer Rank.
- Ordinary Family Pension is granted @ 30% of reckonable emoluments last drawn subject to a minimum of Rs.9000/- p.m. (in case of natural death of the individual).
- Special Family Pension is granted at a uniform rate of 60% of reckonable emoluments last drawn by the deceased. (in case of death of a individual attributable to military service).
- Liberalized Family Pension is granted equal to the reckonable emoluments last drawn by the deceased (to the families of personnel killed in war or war like operations,counter-insurgency operations, encounter with terrorists etc.)
- Disability Pension matter has been reffered to Anomaly committee-Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure.
- War Injury Pension The rates of War Injury Element for 100% disability for various rank shall be equal to the reckonable emoluments last drawn in case of invalided out and 60% of reckonable emoluments last drawn in case of discharge, which would be proportionately reduced where disability is less than 100%.