1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central
office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre
East Mumbai- 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks including IDBI Bank
3. Nodal Officers, ICICl/ HDFC/ AXIS/ IDBI Banks
4. Managers, All CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, RK Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K)
13. The Post Master Camp Bell Bay
14. The Pr. Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair
Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the 7th
Central Pay Commission (CPC)- Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension
for Pre-01.01.2016 Defence Forces pensioners reg.
Reference: This office Circular No. 570 dated 31.10.2016, Circular No.
582 dated 05.09.2017 and Circular No. 585 dated 21.09.2017.
(Available on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in)
Copy of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 23rd
January, 2018 on the above subject, which is self-explanatory, is
forwarded herewith for further necessary action at your end.
2. In terms of Para-2 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pension/
Policy) dated 04th September,2017, Disability Element of Disability
Pension to Armed Forces Pensioners has to be revised by multiplying the
existing rate of Disability Element as had been drawn on 31.12.2015 by
factor of 2.57 to arrive at revised rate of Disability Element as on
01.01.2016. Further, in terms of Para-5.2 & 5.3 of GOI, MOD letter
No. 17(01)/2017(02)/D(Pension/Policy) dated 05th September’ 2017,
Disability Pensionary awards has to be revised on notional pay fixation
method and benefits of broad banding will be given to discharge cases
also as in invalided out cases and these will be done by issuing
Corrigendum Pension Payment Order (PPO).
3. Now, consequent upon the issue of GOI, MOD letter dated 23rd January,
2018, the cases where Armed Forces Pensioners who were retired/
discharged voluntary or otherwise with disability and they were in
receipt of Disability/ War Injury Element as on 31.12.2015, their extent
of disability/ War Injury Element shall be re-computed in the following
manner given below, before applying the multiplication factor of 2.57
on existing disability/ war injury element as on 31.12.2015 for getting
the revised disability/ war injury element as on 01.01.2016 in
accordance to Para-2 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pension/
Policy) dated 04th September’ 2017.
4. The Note below Para-12 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2016-D(Pen/Pol)
dated 29th October, 2016 (circulated vide Circular No. 570 dated
31.10.2016) stands deleted. In other words, quantum of additional
pension available to old age pensioners after attaining the age of 80
years and above shall also be admissible on revised disability/ war
5. It is also stated that PDAs
may take utmost care during revision of Disability/War Injury Element
as per this order in those cases where the pensioners who are in receipt
of 50% of Disability/ War Injury Element of Disability/ War Injury
Pension. If the individual has already been given rounding of benefit
through PPO (in invalided out cases) then rounding of benefit in such
cases should not be given. However, where his disability was
assessed as 50% in discharge cases then it will be rounded to 75% as
mentioned in Para-3 above. If the PDAs found any problem regarding
identification of such cases the same may please be forwarded to Audit
Section of this office.
6. All Pension Disbursing Agencies handling disbursement of pension to
the Defence Pensioner are hereby authorized to pay benefit of rounding
off disability/ war injury and additional pension as per Para 3 & 5
above without any further authorization from the concerned Pension
7. Provisions of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 23rd January, 2018 shall take effect from 01.01.2016.
8. This circular has been uploaded on this office website
www.pcdapension.nic.in for dissemination to all alongwith Defence
pensioners and Pension Disbursing Agencies.
M B Chandran Menon. M.com.,AIII,DME