NOT YET MADE PUBLIC
Dear Raksha Mantri,
1. Please refer the following letters :-
(a) Letter dated 16 Nov 2015 regarding serious anomalies in the Notification for the Implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) issued on 07 Nov 2016.
(b) Letter to Justice L.Narasimha Reddy, Retired Chief Justice of Patna High Court dated 25 Mar 2016 regarding “Urgent Need to Rectify Anomalies in OROP in Govt Notification dated 07 Nov 2015 and Table dated 03 Feb 2016.
(c) Letter to Justice L.Narasimha Reddy, Retired Chief Justice of Patna High Court dated 25 Mar 2016 regarding “Change of Definition of OROP in various correspondence of DESW Noticed.
(d) Letter dated 25 Mar 2016 regarding One Rank One Pension.
(e) Letter dated 27 Nov 2016 regarding non implementation of Actual
(f) Letter dated 23 Dec 2016 regarding non implementation of Actual OROP Letter.
2. With concern and anguish, we wish to bring to your Notice that the Actual OROP as assured by the Hon’ble Prime Minister has not yet been implemented. The anomalies arising out of the 07th Nov 2015 Govt Notification for the implementation of OROP has not been rectified. The anomalies were pointed out to your goodself vide our above quoted letters. This avoidable delay is causing serious concern to the defence, widows and ex-Servicemen.
3. One Man Judicial Committee report, it is learnt was submitted to Govt on 26 Oct 2016, however, neither the same has been made public nor its recommendations implemented. Sir, we the defence family have been on Protest Movement and Relay Hunger Strike (RHS) at Jantar Mantar for the past 582 days, no one from the Govt has enquired or addressed our concerns, instead the Govt continues to inform the people of the country that it has implemented OROP. You know Sir, the same is not true, OROP as per the definition approved by the Govt through its executive order dated 26 Feb 2014 is far away from what has been implemented. Not only the actual OROP has not been implemented as per the approved definition, the wrongly implemented OROP has been carried forward to the 7th CPC with Cascading adverse affect on pensions of defence fraternity.
4. The statements from the Govt that OROP has been implemented and some negative people were protesting is very hurting to the Ex-Servicemen and widows. Sir, if actual OROP is implemented after removing the anomalies, we will immediately lift our Protest Movement from Jantar Mantar. We are only there for our legitimate democratic rights of protest which is being carried out in a soldierly manner, with dignity and respect and within the constitutional norms. Sir, we are your erstwhile soldiers and not civilian unions. We request you to consider implementing Actual OROP, which has been pending the last 42 years.
5. We are thankful to Govt that it has taken the step to announce implementation of OROP, but what has been implemented is far from the Actual OROP. We are also concerned that the Govt has unfairly amended the approved definition as per the Govt executive order dated 26 Feb 2014 and announced in the Parliament by MOS for Defence on 02 Dec 2014.
6. May we request you for your personal indulgence to rectify the anomalies arising out of the Govt Notification on 07 Nov 2015. May we also request for a meeting with you Sir, of a delegation of three members for half an hour at your earliest please.
Maj Gen Satbir Singh, SM (Retd) Advisor United Front of Ex Servicemen Jantar Mantar & Chairman Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement (IESM) Mobile: 9312404269, 01244110570 Email:email@example.com
General Bipin Rawat, UYSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM
Chief of the Army Staff
Integrated HQs of Ministry of Defence (Army)
South Block, New Delhi-110011
For information and action please.
Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa PVSM AVSM YSM VM ADC
Chief of the Air Staff Integrated HQs of Ministry of Defence (Air Force) Vayu Bhawan, New Delhi 110011
Our request as above.
Admiral Sunil Lanba
PVSM, AVSM, ADC
Chief of the Naval Staff &
Chairman Chiefs of Staffs Committee (CoSC)
Integrated HQs of Ministry of Defence (Navy) South Block, New Delhi -110011
Our request as above.